Well it’s officially spring. The winter blues blew out the open windows into this spring storm. This past winter was….CRAZY! I was very busy with works, helping to coach cheerleading, and just being a person. I didn’t get to the gym much not just because I was busy…more because it was just cold and I hate driving when there is snow! Some good things happened over the winter…..
- We got a new couch! (Except that they gave us the wrong kind…the chase is supposed to be on the other side! New one is coming in April)
- I got lots of crafting projects done including….our dining room light, frame wall above our bed, repainting our dressers, the book shelf I bought in August is almost done, and I decorated a window for our bedroom! (Pictures to come later!)
- I continued to loose a little weight and then as I got worse at working out and cooking I continued to maintain my weight! I didn’t gain it back! (I even managed to get back in my wedding dress this past weekend!!!!!)
- We went to one of my bestest friends weddings in Chicago!!!!
- And a few weeks later we went back to Chicago to spend a long weekend with a couple we are good friends with!
Over the last few weeks I have found my grove back into eating better and being active! I think a few things have helped with this.
- The nice weather! We have had more beautiful days than crappy one the last month!
- My realization that I need to lean on God when I am struggling and realize I cannot do it all myself! ( I bought this book/journal called the Daniel Plan and it has helped me change the way I view my body!)
- I had another realization that I watch way too much TV. I’ve been known to make the excuse that I don’t have time but then realized for not having time I sure do watch alot of TV. I have made the decision to not let myself watch TV unless I have done some kind of activity whether that is a legit work out or taking the dog on a walk with my awesome co-worker over lunch! I am currently on week three and I have been working out 5-6 days a week! So I think it is safe to say that it is working and I am getting more done on my to do list!
Now for Spring!!!!!!
I have big plans for this spring! I hit the ground running with being active and I want to just keep running! I have decided to do another 24 day challenge through Advocare! I have gotten much better at being active but my nutrition game could use a little work after that long winter! Therefore to jump start the nutrition part this spring I am starting the challenge on April 11th! That way I have time to prepare and shop and really be ready to be on my game! If I can loose just 4lb during this challenge I will be back in the 170’s which means I am back in the top of the weight range I was in college! AHHHH that is so exciting!
I am soooo thankful that I took the challenge last summer! It has helped me loose 25lbs! I am ready to really commit to loosing again rather than just maintaining! Spring Challenge here we come!!!!
**I would love for some people to join me in this challenge! If you are ready to make a lifestyle change and be a healthier you message me! I would love to tell you more about the challenge and how it has helped me and can help you take a step towards a healthier life! **