If you are on Facebook you probably have at least one friend who uses and/or sells Plexus. I know I do. And from those friends I have heard about all the wonderful stuff Plexus can do like help with your milk supply while nursing, make you poop regularly, help with infertility, and the list goes on and on. Seems too good to be true right? Although I’m trying it now I still don’t know if I believe it all!
Well around the same time I was seeing all these posts about Plexus my mother-in-law actually started using it. She had a friend from high school who was posting about it all the time and she became curious, looked into it, and decided to try it out for herself. She has seen many positive things come from adding it to her daily routine. Since seeing those positives, the past year and a half, she has been trying to convince my husband that it might work for my his tummy issues since it worked for her and his sister. She couldn’t really get him on board to really try it and for awhile that was that.
Fast forward some more and I got pregnant and was wanting to breastfeed. Milk supply can be a scary topic for those that don’t produce enough and I didn’t want to be one of them. I have also been hearing my mother in law talk about gut health and share that you are supposed to poop three times a day…who knew?!
That was really shocking for me because I maybe poop once every 5-10 days. But I decided I didn’t want to start taking anything while pregnant so after Booker arrived I decided I really wanted to see if this Plexus stuff was all it’s cracked up to be and after talking with my doctor I decided to give it a go…
So here we are.
I decided to start taking Plexus for a couple reasons.
- To help ensure that my milk supply stays good! (I haven’t had a problem with this yet but I am really nervous when I go back to work full time and have to pump more that my supply is going to tank! 😳)
- Pooping💩…I want to poop more often…but not too often!
- TMJ. Plexus is supposed to help with inflammation and I suffer from TMJ (lock jaw) which is due to inflammation!
- To help Jacob tbe consistent with taking the products to hopefully help with his tummy issues.
- An added bonus would be loosing some weight!
My MIL shared with us a schedule about introducing the products and gradually getting up to full doses. Today is my day 10 and Jacob is on day 9 so we are taking all three parts of the Triplex now! We are also both trying to drink half of our body weight in oz of water each day. So far it’s been easy to implement and we have noticed some small changes.
Here are some things we have noticed.
- I started back to work this week and I seem to be making it through the day without napping which is awesome considering I am up with a newborn throughout the night. But I won’t lie…I’m still tired.
- We are both drinking less soda.
- I have pooped three times between Sunday and Thursday. That’s every other day! 💩
- I have had some REALLY stinky farts. I’m guessing this is from my gut being cleaned out….of bad food. 😆
- My milk supply hasn’t dipped since I started taking it which is a plus because I read and my doctor said that that can happen.